We have had a great couple of weeks. I don't know what it is about the last week of the month but it is always so busy. So this month we are going to try and get our visiting teaching done and temple attendance THIS week. It is not good to procrastinate until the end.
The kids in Zach's school had a great time finishing up our chocolate class. I have never seen kids have so much fun licking chocolate off of, well everything, faces, plates fingers, etc. It was very fun. We have a couple of weeks off now then we get to teach another class. Fun stuff.
I had a great birthday. Probably the best in a long time. I have come to expect very little for my birthday. It seems that every year, someone is sick or we have company or any number of other little odd things. But this year was great. I admit if I had planned the day I would have prefered to sleep in until noon. (I know pretty lazy). But Zach thought that a great way to spend my birthday would be to go on a field trip with him (one day maybe he will go on a field trip without his mom. . .then again I hope not! :) I really enjoyed it!! It was fun to spend the time with him and his friends. We got to take a tour of the Salt Lake City Library (which Zach can't wait to return, it is pretty awesome) then we went to the symphony! I love the symphony. They played american tunes (fifth grade is american history afterall) we heard Copeland, and Joplin and Bernstein. Then we tried to stay warm while eating lunch in the park, and the boys watched funny You Tube clips on my phone. I had a great time. Bob surprised me when I got home from the Symphony with flowers and balloons on the table. It was awesome. Then Bob left work early, we went and looked at a pop-up trailer (that we are going to buy and getting really excited to go camping this summer). I wasn't really feeling that well by this time so we picked up chinese for Bob and I, and pizza for the kids and watched a movie with take-out. I loved it. It was a great day. Also lots of friends brought something by which brightened my day as well, Even Melissa in Ohio surprised me with a little gift (her mom who lives here brought it over). Bob gave me an Anti-gravity lounger (I have really wanted one for a couple of summers now) I can't wait to sit in the sun and listen to a book!! If only it would warm up a bit. The Sunday before my birthday we celebrated at my parent's for Kristie and my big Day. It was great. Thank heaven for mothers who still make things special. I am so lucky to have mine.
A Couple of weeks ago we had an ultrasound at the Dr. office. We hoped to find out what our baby is, but she/he kept crossing its legs. Gretchen did find one spot that was between the legs and we couldn't see anything, so for now it looks like it is a girl. But it is not for positive and the boys are still holding out for a boy. We will find out on the 26th of this month, that is if the cute little thing will cooperate this time:)
I am feeling better and wanting to get working on some house projects. If I could get Bob on board maybe we could get something done. For him I guess that is the bad part about me feeling better, I put him to work. I tried to clean the house Saturday but got sidetracked on KSL. We found Ali a little desk. She has been wanting one in her room, so she can sew. She spent her Christmas money from her Grandparents and we drove to Sandy and picked up the cutest little desk. Then we went by Lowes and got some stripper and paint and she and I have a project ahead of us. It will be really cute when it is done. And thanks to KSL the kids now have ceiling fans in their rooms. Now we just need to get new screens for the windows and it will be much cooler up there come this summer.
I really wanted to go to Rena's last night for the Academy Award party she puts on every year. It is so much fun. But Bob didn't wan't to go because he doesn't get home from church now until around 6pm and by the time we got up to Heber it would be too late for the kids. So we watched the Princess and the Frog instead. That was a really cute movie that we all enjoyed. Now I really want the piano music if for it. The score was really catchy, and you know I love Jazz.
Edyn got a fungus on her scalp. Yes we have been freaking out about it, but we caught it really early (since the horrible trauma of Dallin's infection a couple of summer's ago) and it has been a breeze. Her hair isn't even falling out and it is almost gone. Pretty good for 2 weeks since it took 3 months to get rid of Dallin's. She had been a really good girl lately and is always the first to have her jammies on and brush and floss her teeth. She is really funny and we love watching and listening to what she does and says next. Yesterday was Fast sunday but since I'm pregnant I couldn't really fast, so I was having a few fishy crackers (much to Ali's dismay). A little bit later Edyn comes in my room and asks me if the baby is full. I told her it was not and she then fed me some more crackers until I told her the baby was full. It was really very cute.
Dallin continues to amaze us and make us smile with the way his little brain works. The fan in the boys room is a baseball theme and has a home plate that attaches to the ceiling. Ali was asking what that was for and Dallin told her that it was home plate, "cause it is shaped like a home". We sure do enjoy all these kids at our house.
Beck Kids
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment