Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's a BOY

We had our "Big" ultrasound on Friday, and even though I have for years being saying that we had another little boy up in heaven who was waiting to join our family, I have to admit I was a little surprised. Last month, when we couldn't really see anything in the ultrasound, I have been convincing myself that it may be a girl. So we started to get used to the idea and even had a couple of names picked out,and a couple of dreams that it was a girl. So, when we saw the little bump between the legs I was a little surprised. Bob was elated!! Actually we are all very excited about it. Well, except maybe Ali who needs a bit to warm up to the idea. The kids were SO excited to find out. They actually got home from school before we got home from the Dr. The Dr. was behind so we went to the ultrasound first and then back to the Dr. office so the trip took a little longer than expected. Ali called several times to find out what it was, but we wouldn't tell her. We bought some Cookies and Cream Kisses that are wrapped beautifully in blue, and showed the kids the DVD from the ultrasound. They were watching and we said, "there you go" and Zach said, "It's a boy!" Ali teared up and tried to act like it would be ok. Dallin was jumping for joy and several times later that day said how excited he was, Edyn kept talking about her baby brother. It is all so very fun! It was great to see a healthy baby inside, and really I could sit there and watch him on the screen moving around all day. It really shouldn't be a surprise either since in the beginning I was craving Meat, yes me craving lots of meat. Weird I know. I also craved black licorice and potatoes, just like with Zach so I guess it was after all Always meant to be a boy. Watch out Debbie cause here comes all my baby girl clothes, so excited not to store them anymore. It is also telling that since January, 5 girls have been born in our ward, and of course we will have the Boy. That's ok though we will take him. We are thinking that we will name him Max. Amazing both Bob and I really like it, and you know how I am with names when they just "stick".

Last Friday I went to lunch with some lady's from our "old" ward. Lesa Pace was in town so we wanted to see her and had brunch at Granny Annie's. It was fun with Kelly Welker, Lynette Welker, Diane Christensen, Rena Bucad, and Becky Anderson. I had a great time talking with them all and miss the more regular relationship that being in the same ward affords.

Yesterday my nephew Mar'cus was baptized. It was really special. They got to do their "own thing" something our stake will not allow. So, my Dad gave the Baptism talk. I am so amazed by him. It was awesome and I wish we could have video taped it. I feel so VERY blessed to have the parents that I do who are truly AMAZING. My dad is such a spiritual Giant! Then my brother Brett gave a wonderful very sweet, heart felt talk on the Holy Ghost. My how lucky we are to be a family. I have great parents and great siblings and I am so thankful for them all. It was especially sweet as my brother-in-law Damian performed the Baptism, who he only a few months ago was baptized himself. Such a neat spirit, and so neat to watch the transformation of my sister who is, after a long time of being away from the church, trying to make things right and come back. It made me appreciate more the love that our Heavenly Father has for each of us, and especially those who have strayed and come back to the fold. Like my Dad said, It is so important for us all to take care of one another and help each other to always feel close to the Gospel and especially our Savior, for in him is our greatest joy and salvation!

No comments: