It is snowing right now. I am so excited. It feels so cozy and I can feel the holidays coming on. Fun week this week. Monday we had our recital. The kids all did a great job and it was a fun night. Tuesday, We had YW in Excellence. It was beautiful and the talks were all great. Check out the virtue video on the church website. It is good. I made Meltaway cookies. They are yummy you can't eat just one.
Here is the recipe:(in case you want it)
3/4 C Corn starch
1/3 C powdered sugar
1 C butter
Cream
add 1 C Flour
drop by teaspoons and bake 350 for 12min.
Ice with
3oz cream cheese
1 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
food coloring
Wednesday we went with the Bain's, Morris's, Bucad's to Taggarts for dinner. Kind of a moving away dinner for the Bain's who are moving to Ohio. We are sad about that. Dinner was very fun. Nice to go out as adults (I almost feel young) Bucad's were there who don't get to see very often and we Love them. And of course Taggarts is one of my Favorite places to eat. Love the Chicken Terriaki Sandwich served in a pita of course. Also had a very long presidency meeting on Wednesday for Primary. Feeling sort of overwhelmed at the moment, but kind of excited as well. Thursday I helped in Zach's class for colonial days. It was fun. The whole fifth grade participates. They go to each classroom for a different lesson, all dress up, and act all colonial. I was in Ms. Marchant's class of course and she did food from the period. It was fun. We made a maple cake (maybe one of the only edible foods) The kids were funny. There were all required to taste each item but they were pretty bland and they didn't like them much. I also got to teach one session because Ms. Marchant went to Thanksgiving dinner with her darling kindergartner. The class was so noisy. Must be hard being a substitute teacher. Ms. Marchant gave them all 5 lashes. She was very cute. So stern and mean like they would have been back in the day. I was sort of afraid of her myself. (usually she is very funny, laughing a lot). The kids are not allowed to smile, and have to ask mistress Marchant for permission to speak, stand up and hold their hands when they address her. Maybe school should still be like that. They might be better behaved children. You wouldn't believe the list of things to take lashes for, not to mention the dunce hat. I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out so well. Friday I painted the Barbie house. Still need curtains but SO happy to have it painted after 6 months. Maybe I can move on to Christmasing. Saturday was the Turkey Bowl. A tradition of our friends. Layton city hosts a bowling hour for cheap and you can win turkeys and ham, each year the Saturday before thanksgiving. It was very fun with the Bain's, Morris's, and Andersons. We then went to Burger King to let the kids play and have lunch of the dollar menu. Zach also had a basketball game that evening. They lost but Zach played better. Today was our first day as the new presidency in Primary. It was chaotic, but I think we will be better next week. If I can just get Edyn to stay in her chair. She is crazy! :)
Funny things the kids said this week:
Edyn- She hid her cookies under our bed, and said she was saving them for Ali so no one would eat them. (ugh, I guess this is new hiding place)
Here is the recipe:(in case you want it)
3/4 C Corn starch
1/3 C powdered sugar
1 C butter
Cream
add 1 C Flour
drop by teaspoons and bake 350 for 12min.
Ice with
3oz cream cheese
1 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
food coloring
Wednesday we went with the Bain's, Morris's, Bucad's to Taggarts for dinner. Kind of a moving away dinner for the Bain's who are moving to Ohio. We are sad about that. Dinner was very fun. Nice to go out as adults (I almost feel young) Bucad's were there who don't get to see very often and we Love them. And of course Taggarts is one of my Favorite places to eat. Love the Chicken Terriaki Sandwich served in a pita of course. Also had a very long presidency meeting on Wednesday for Primary. Feeling sort of overwhelmed at the moment, but kind of excited as well. Thursday I helped in Zach's class for colonial days. It was fun. The whole fifth grade participates. They go to each classroom for a different lesson, all dress up, and act all colonial. I was in Ms. Marchant's class of course and she did food from the period. It was fun. We made a maple cake (maybe one of the only edible foods) The kids were funny. There were all required to taste each item but they were pretty bland and they didn't like them much. I also got to teach one session because Ms. Marchant went to Thanksgiving dinner with her darling kindergartner. The class was so noisy. Must be hard being a substitute teacher. Ms. Marchant gave them all 5 lashes. She was very cute. So stern and mean like they would have been back in the day. I was sort of afraid of her myself. (usually she is very funny, laughing a lot). The kids are not allowed to smile, and have to ask mistress Marchant for permission to speak, stand up and hold their hands when they address her. Maybe school should still be like that. They might be better behaved children. You wouldn't believe the list of things to take lashes for, not to mention the dunce hat. I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out so well. Friday I painted the Barbie house. Still need curtains but SO happy to have it painted after 6 months. Maybe I can move on to Christmasing. Saturday was the Turkey Bowl. A tradition of our friends. Layton city hosts a bowling hour for cheap and you can win turkeys and ham, each year the Saturday before thanksgiving. It was very fun with the Bain's, Morris's, and Andersons. We then went to Burger King to let the kids play and have lunch of the dollar menu. Zach also had a basketball game that evening. They lost but Zach played better. Today was our first day as the new presidency in Primary. It was chaotic, but I think we will be better next week. If I can just get Edyn to stay in her chair. She is crazy! :)
Funny things the kids said this week:
Edyn- She hid her cookies under our bed, and said she was saving them for Ali so no one would eat them. (ugh, I guess this is new hiding place)
No comments:
Post a Comment