Monday, April 26, 2010

Field Trips







Edyn did not want her picture taken, she wanted to be the photographer! Ali at the bird refuge, and Edyn and Ella making themselves "oh so pretty" with sidewalk chalk!



This last week we had two field trips. Ali went to the Farmington Bay Bird Refuge. Thanks to Kristie for watching Edyn so I could go. It was a little rainy, but worked out fine for us, even sunshine at the park for lunch, then rained the rest of the afternoon after we got back to school. It was fun. They talked about lots of interesting things and there are SO many bird there. The kids were so funny. I've never seen kids so excited to see birds before, especially the Blue Heron. They went crazy every time we saw one. I have to admit it was pretty neat though. Edyn went on a field trip on Friday to J&J Nursery. It was fun, and I wanted to buy all the plants there. I get so excited about plants. Crazy I know, but they make me happy!

Edyn's funny: Whenever she says the prayer she says, "thanks we can be saved". I think she really means, "bless us to be safe". But I really like the way she says it because it means so much more if you think about the atonement and the Savior. What a great thing to be thankful for. On Tuesday playing with her cousin Ella, they both decided to "chalk" themselves. HeHe!! They thought they could paint their toenails and fingernails with sidewalk chalk, and if that worked good (which surprisingly worked quite well) then surely you could "paint" the rest of your body as well. They were covered in chalk, dirty little things, but they sure were funny to watch doing it. At Edyn's field trip she wanted to take pictures. She took about 160 pictures and it clearly shows how the world looks from a 4ft. point of view!!

We got a little yard work done this week, and even had a couple of warmish days, which I am really grateful for. Please no more snow!! We had some of that this week too. My magnolia tree is in full bloom and I love IT!! There is something so cool about a tree that puts up blooms on its sticks, with no leaves like it is just too excited to show you all it has!! I also had fun on Saturday going to Mt. View Wyoming with Kristie for Michelle Tim's bridal shower. It was really fun. We haven't gotten away together for a really long time. It makes me realize even more how shut up and yucky I have felt all winter. We love the Tim's and have such a great time with them. They are Debbie's in-laws but we sort of claim them as our own. Here is a sickening thought. Michelle was so cute and I thought, "how darling to be so young and in love". UGH!! Cause then I thought "how old am I anyway??" Well, old enough to have a kid doing the "maturation program" at school. Can you believe it?? Crazy! It was good though. Bob and I talked to him first and it was actually really great. I thought that having "the talk" with your kids would be absolutely mortifying but it actually ended up being sort of a spiritual thing and a great bonding moment. I sure love that Zach, he is such a GOOD kid.

No comments: