Monday, May 3, 2010

Typical last week of the month -April-

Happy Birthday Everyone!
David and Goliath. I wanted you to see how big Goliath was but he is way off the top of the pic.


Bob as Daniel in the Lion's Den. (The outfit is Joseph from our Christmas play costumes, as you can see it barely fits on Bob and he couldn't sit down or anything just stand real still). He did a really great job. Doesn't he look so cute like this?

My Teacher appreciation bulletin board.
This week was a very busy week, true to the last week of the month. We had group lessons this week, 2 make up soccer games + the 3 already scheduled and baseball practice. I did the teacher appreciation bulletin board for Mrs. Lechman's class, we had our primary activity, and a Big family Birthday party.

Our primary activity turned out really great. Bob came as Daniel in the Lions Den, we also had David and Goliath, Noah and the ark, and Joseph and the coat of many colors. We went through a time machine and the kids visited all the prophets of old and got their "passport" stamped at each station where they heard a first account of the prophet's story, and either did a craft or game activity. They did prayer rocks, and coats of many colors and wrote their weaknesses on paper crumpled them into rocks and through them at the to life size drawing of Goliath. He is really huge, then they time morphed to the present and listened to president Monson, then having a picnic lunch on blankets in the gym. It was a lot of work but really fun.

Sunday we had a dinner to celebrate all the May Birthdays. There are a lot of them. It was fun to get together with all the family and celebrate each other. Aunt Darlene passed away Sunday morning and we are all saddened by this news, and send all our love and prayers to their family.
In the funny papers. . .
Dallin is opening a present from Debbie (so cute, said We are Soda lighted you are another year older and "flew" in for your birthday and she gave them soda pop and a kite). He sees the string on the kite at the top of the present and says, "She gave me thread and I don't even sew!". Grandma gave him a very cute bracelet that has charm links and says, "I am a child of god". So he has it on and says to Bob, "My bracelet is already giving me upgrades. See how far I can hit that balloon."
Edyn calls her daddy "my best daddy". So I was talking to Bob on the phone the other day and she says, "Who was that? Was that my best Daddy?" She says it all the time. It is very funny. Friday I french braided Edyn's hair. Saturday morning she takes the braids out. (I never got around to re-doing it) So all day long she is brushing her hair. About 5pm she goes to the bathroom and is standing in front of the mirror to wash her hands. I am in the family room and hear this little scream. I was thinking what is the matter. Edyn comes out and says, "Oh, I SO hate my hair like this." "My hair is SO ugly, I need to brush it" It was so funny. She also refers to herself as your little midget, because Bob always calls her his little midget.
Ali needed something to do at Grandma's yesterday (the boys were all on the computer) so she was sucking the helium out of the balloon and talking funny. It reminded me of being a kid and thinking that was so cool. Probably not the best thing to do but we all survived it right?
Zach was excited to be MVP for soccer this week at Saturday's game (mostly because he got a giant symphony bar and a powerade bottle, but whatever motivates them to do their best right?) . So far they are doing great and are the #1 team.
Baby is getting big, and I am finding it difficult to sleep and breathe already. We only have 3 months to go. On one hand I am ready for it to be over, but since this is the last baby we will be having I also never want it to end. I am ready for him to be the last but will always love babies. We are so excited for him to get here so we can hold him and love him. He moves SO much, I wonder if maybe he is an octopus. I have a constantly rolling belly. I love to feel him so active in there. I told Bob that he gets to be mine. I want a little mama's boy. All the other kids I think are "Daddy's". Which is great because they love him so much. We are still at odds at what to name him, and are taking any ideas, if you have some. Currently top of the list are Max, Bridger, Xander, Sawyer, Andrew.

Saturday night we enjoyed a DATE with Kris and Grin. It was very fun. Debbie and Mark bought us tickets to the Desert Star Playhouse to see the Pirates of the Caribbean. It was very funny and we enjoyed drinks, ice cream, and nachos on them as well. I really don't know why they did this but it was very appreciated. We had fun just adults and the kids had fun playing with Debbie and Mark and Paislee.
It has been a very cold and wet week this week but I did manage to get the flower seeds planted and the peas. Although as I look out at the garden I can see some of the peas have washed up from all the rain. I'll have to replant them. And the cat (retarded animal) keeps digging where I planted the flowers. So I really hope any of them grow, and if you are looking for a pet cat, I know where you can get one. Everything is starting to bloom now though and the yard looks so pretty. I LOVE spring flowers, and green grass.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I only have 2 months left and also feel the little octopus constantly rolling. I wonder if this will be my last. Maybe it will, because I'm definitely getting too old for this!