Well the last week of January proved to be the busiest of the month. We did group lessons, and a baptism preview, a 5th grade constitution program, a chocolate class, pack meeting and lots of primary stuff, basketball and soccer games, and ballet lessons and a trip to the Temple. Zach received his arrow of light this week at pack meeting. It was really neat but it sort of made me want to cry. He is getting so big. I am not loving the idea of the fact that my kid is no longer in cub scouts. It seems like he just barely got there and now he is off. He is such a good kid though I really can't complain, maybe moving into the tweens and teens will be ok with him. His program at school was really cute and he did a great job on his speaking parts. One of the little girls who was narrating though was kind of annoying. She did her part really good but then ended every sentence with a throat thing. It kept us giggling under our breath during the whole thing. Hehe. Bob and I started teaching the PIC (personal interest class) in Zach's spectrum class this Friday. We will be teaching for six Friday mornings for an hour. It was really fun. It is fun to teach kids who really want to learn, plus who isn't interested in chocolate? We talked about where chocolate comes from. It has all been quite fascinating to me to learn as well. Such as the cacao tree can only grow 20 degree's above and below the equator, only under a heavy canopy, the trees are very susceptible to diseases, each tree only produces 30 pods, or 1000 seeds a year which only makes about 2 oz of chocolate, and each farm is only about 12 acres and all the farming is done by hand. Really crazy. Anyway, then we had a chocolate tasting party. The kids really enjoyed it, except when the chocolate got darker and darker and then they were afraid to try the 90% cacao bar. Then again that is nearly unsweetened chocolate so who can blame them right? We went to the temple on Friday after teaching. We thought we would be back to watch my friends little girl, but the line to do initiatories was SO long we didn't' make it. I felt bad but there was nothing we could do. It was really neat to see the temple that busy as well. The ladies working there said it had been that way all week. I am so thankful for men and women who donate their time to volunteer at the temple, especially when (for some) it is a time in their life where they could sit home and worry about all their aliments. How amazing that they choose to do something so wonderful that makes it possible for all of us to attend the temple. It makes me feel kind of sorry that we can only get there once a month. Kristie watched Edyn for us so we could go. Edyn was also really good at preschool this week. 3 treats both days. Yeah. She is doing better since Christmas and we are really glad. She is so funny. For breakfast yesterday we had french toast, when she said the blessing on the food she said, "thanks for the fresh bread pancakes". Funny. Dallin's funny thing he said this week was also at dinner. We ask funny questions at the dinner table and one this week was, If you could have any job what would it be? Dallin says he wants to be a glass maker. (?) I don't know where he comes up with these things. This week has been an interesting week of news for a couple of my friends as well. The saddest part is my dear friend Becky who found out she has breast cancer. I am so saddened by this and our prayers are with her. Hopefully it will all be fine in the end but it is going to be a long journey for her. So I am feeling very blessed by my own health this week. Bob had a health fair at his work and I went down to it. They checked my cholesterol and it was down to 153 from 220 a year ago. So that is good for me, and means I won't have to go on medication for the rest of my life. (At least for now and hopefully it will stay that way). I have started feeling a little better as well. Not quite as tired as I have been the last 12 weeks and the morning sickness seems to be only occasional bouts throughout the day instead of 24/7. Just a few more weeks and I should feel myself again. The couple days of sunshine we have had this week have helped tremendously as well. I can't wait for warmer weather, getting kind of sick of freezing all the time. Can't believe the week is over. Next week should be much less, and the kids are home early each day, which I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment