Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yeah! May is over

The last week and a half or so has been pretty busy. Bob finished building the swingset and the kids love it. It took so long to build though, and we still need to put some railroad ties around and put bark underneath. We got a couple of trees of KSL for pretty cheap, and our backyard is starting to feel more like a backyard and a place we want to hang out.
Ali was diagnosed with the chicken pox. For those of you who know, I don't have much faith in doctors, but after much contemplation I guess I agree. Yes, she has had the shot, still got it. Go figure. She was only sick a day or so though and most of the time felt fine!! She missed all the fun end of school stuff though, but was able to attend the last two days. (Her pox finally scabbed, though they never did blister, so strange.) I helped out with the fourth grade Rendevoux by doing the obstacle course. It was very fun, and I enjoyed being there but Ali had to watch the kids since she was out of school. The girls had fun at activity days making their little scrapbooks about the Temple from the pictures we took the previous week. We had a lot of fun yesterday at the Air show on Hill Air Force Base with my parents. The Thunder birds were awesome. It is a very neat event and one you should go to if you haven't been. Tomorrow is the last day though so plan for next year. I had fun sewing more scripture totes to sell at my Mom's store. But most importantly for this week. SCHOOL IS OUT! I am so glad to play and have fun with my kids this summer!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've never heard of a kid who had the vaccine getting the chicken pox. Yuck! Glad it didn't last too long.

The swingset and yard sound great. We have a tiny backyard, so no such fun for us.