I am shocked, but yes two weeks in a row I am blogging.
Wednesday May 20th. Today was Zach's field trip. We went to This is the Place. I have not been there for years. It was very fun. We didn't even see the whole place, but we did see the blacksmith, the schoohouse, the dance house, and wagon pulling. It sort of reminded me of Nauvoo. It is definately a place I want to take the kids to visit this summer. There was a cute family out in the yard of one of the houses. A mom, and her three little girls all in pioneer clothes weeding in the garden. The littlest one was too little to even crawl and was just sitting on the dirt by her mother. It was the cutest thing to see. They had all the kids dance the Virginia Reel. It was hilarious to watch these 4th graders have to dance with a girl/boy. Some of them "pinked" up and some of them wouldn't touch the others hand. Zach was a little self conscious, it was very cute to see. Zach also had a double out at baseball and his dad, himself, and his coach were very proud. Edyn had her last day of neighborhood preschool. It will be sad not to be doing it anymore she has had so much fun. Dallin couldn't find his mit for baseball, so I tried to get him to use Ali's (it is pink and purple). Well of course he wouldn't use it at all, he was mortified to have a pink mit. The coach teased him about there being no designated hitters in T-ball.
Thursday May 21st.
Yard work. Seriously it takes so long to get it all together in the Spring.
Friday May 22nd.
I went to Zach's school today to help out with the Krypto tournament. I was little nervous since I have never heard of this game before, but it was really fun. I even want to own some at our house. It is a really good way to get your kids to think in mathematical terms and have fun at the same time. If you don't know what it is, it is a math game that you have 5 card with numbers on them and you have to use all those card to get the number on 1 other card. You can add, subtract, divide, multiply. It was amazing to see how quick some of these kids could put them together. Of course they are all smart kids. Then we had activity days, and I took the girls to the Temple in ogden. They all brought their camera's and took as many pictures as they wanted. They had a lot of fun doing this. I really enjoyed watching them. There is also a Daughters of the utah Pioneers Museaum there. I never knew this, and how many times have we been up there? The girls wanted to go in and really enjoyed looking at all the artifacts. I was surprised at how entertained they were by this. Meanwhile at home, Bob was digging up the backyard, or at least his friend was with his tractor (He made nice big dents in the lawn that I was very happy about). But we were able to get the garden all tilled up and fertilizer on it, and all the flower beds, and some of it planted. By the end of the day we had half the backyard now void of grass. We are putting in a swingset, a project that started two years ago when the kids got a swing set for Christmas. Of course it was just the hardware, and now we have the wood and the hardware so we can build it before the kids outgrow it.
Saturday May 23:
We spent the WHOLE day in the yard, planting, digging out more grass (I apparently love to weed, and Bob "started" building the swingset. Wow does it take a long time to put together!
Sunday May 24th:
"I love a rainy day" Caught up on American Idol. Surprised but liked the outcome. The finale was awesome to watch.
Monday May 25th:
Built swingset. Still not done!! Took the kids (Ali and Dallin) shopping for their Birthday money from Grandma. Ali got more dollhouse furniture and we started the dollhouse remodel. Dallin got a remote control tarantulla. He loves it. He had gotten a bug vaccuum from Rena and has spent the last two weeks finding spiders and then looking them up on the internet. The kids is so full of Natural Science information that he loves to share with us.
Beck Kids
9 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like a full and busy weekend. I love hearing about what you are up to. I don't remember you being such a yard work type of person. But I guess we didn't have much cause for that back in the day either. I also liked the outcome of AI and thought the finale was spectacular to watch.
I'm so happy you updated your blog! You sound super busy, but I'm so glad you are loving it! :) I miss you! If you ever get a spare moment (not likely ;)) then I'll come visit! love you!
Post a Comment