Wow! We have been so busy and had so much fun this past week. It started on Friday with Zach's Birthday. Bob and I took him to lunch at Chili's. He always wants to go there for his birthday and order ribs. This is the first year I have gone. It was very fun to be with him. Then a couple hours of later my cute niece Kennedy was born. I was going to go to take video and be part of the birth, but missed it by about 5 minutes. I am so disappointed!! I have never been to a birth except my own. I did get to see her just brand new and all though and got some video of that. It was awesome. I love new babies, they are so sweet. She and her mom, my sister Kristie are doing well. She is SO tiny. Kristie's biggest baby at 7lb 8oz, but she is just little, tiny nose, and ears. Course my babies are never that little so she probably seems even smaller to me.
Then I left the hospital to get to Boondock's where Zach was having his 12th Birthday. He wanted to play laser tag. So we met up at the place and had pizza and cake and opened presents. Then the kids were able to play laser tag, another attraction, and a lot of arcade. I think they had a great time. Zach invited, Jaxon, Ella, Gavin, Mitch, Chandler, Jacob, Jake, Keaton, Ernesto, plus Dallin, Edyn and Ali, and Ali's friend Cassie. We had a great time and I think the kids enjoyed themselves. We gave Zach a new set of leather scriptures, and an I-pod touch which he has had in his hands ever since. Great day.
Saturday after Dallin took the Spectrum test, we went to the Quirrah (sp?) Mountain Temple to see Sara (Bob's sister) and Brandon be sealed. It was beautiful, especially when they sealed their 4 month old Ethan to them. So neat. After that we picked up Kamden and Edyn from Karolynn's (who was nice enough to watch them) and then went to dinner at Olive Garden. It was a lovely dinner with Brandon's family and Bob's mom and Dad. Then Grandpa and Grandma came home with us to spend a couple of days.
Sunday we all went to church. After church Zach was ordained to the priesthood as a Deacon. It was awesome. I can't believe he is this big and growing up. Talk about growing pains for mom! (especially after last night's Jr. High orientation. Ugh) So many people were there to support him in this and it was awesome to be surround by our family. We are so blessed to have a wonderful family. Both sets of Grandparents were there along with Mark and Debbie, and Camille, and Sara and Brandon, plus Kristie's kids. We filled the whole Bishop's office plus some, super great. We had a nice lunch at our house afterwards and hung out. So fun to be with family.
Monday was Valentines day. I helped with Edyn's preschool party. That was very fun. We played Chop stick candy heart pick up, heart, heart who has the heart, Heart Bingo, and find the Heart String. So funny to watch these little munchkins play. Then we ate watermelon hearts with arrows from oranges, and adorable valentine cupcakes. Then we came home and prepared our traditional valentines dinner, yum. (Chicken pillows, rice, asparagus, heart finger jello, plus a present for the kids, this year a take out box of white chocolate popcorn and valentine candies). After that we decorated our sugar cookies we made and "kicked" them to a few of our neighbors. Super fun. Bob and his Dad fixed my vacuum and leaky kitchen sink as well. Yeah!
Tuesday Grandpa and Grandma Astle flew home and Zach went to the District Science fair.
Wednesday Zach and I had our pictures taken for the church website. Zach has done it before. You can see his hands portraying Pres. Monson as a kid at the bottom of this page. http://lds.org/family/compassion?lang=eng
Now we are trying to clean up from all the festivities. I can't wait to throw away all the Valentines, had it been long enough yet? The kids go crazy if I throw them away but they keep cluttering up the house. I think it is time to go! Anyway Super fun extended weekend at the Astle home.
Beck Kids
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment