Tuesday, February 8, 2011

January 2011

This January has been filled with warm and extremely cold days. So we have been hibernating in the house fixing our master bathroom. Will post pictures soon. It has taken the whole month but we are about there, just a few more "little" things to finish up.
Kamden is now 6 months old. We can hardly believe it. He can sit up fairly well now. He loves to laugh and smile those big dimples at everyone. He loves playing in his "saucer" and putting everything into his mouth and chewing on it. He has had a nasty cold this month (along with the rest of us) and could not suck his binky and breathe at the same time. Now he won't take the binky anymore. I am so sad, he has been the best taker of the kids so far. I keep trying to get him to take it again but I think we are out of luck. He loves to grab his toes and roll all over the house. We all have a lot of fun with him, and Edyn said in her prayers the other the night, "thank you for Kamden and the cute noises he makes".
Edyn is loving preschool and playing with her best friend Eli. They have grown up so much this year and manage to get "3 treats" nearly every class. (a must if they want to play with each other). So they play a lot and are very cute. She also loves to play with her other friends and wants to play with someone everyday. She is very excited about her "homework" that she started this month for school and often does it on the way home from school. Dallin taught her how to fold paper cups and she with her brother have wasted nearly a ream of paper folding cups. She has learned her songs so well for her theatre class and sings about the fish being happy all the time, it is always stuck in our heads.
This month Dallin was moved to a more accelerated class for language arts at school and is really enjoying Mrs. Kent. He still goes to Mrs. Williams for math in the afternoon. She said she had a hard time giving him up. He is such a doll. Mrs. Kent says he is so great in school and she wished she could have a classroom full of him. He has an assignment due at the end of February for his Animal Report. He has been so excited he has been researching for days, with Ali's help on the Lion. He begs for a poster board everyday, and I have to remind him we have to wait until after Zach's birthday and Valentines day to finish it. Dallin can not stand to have the baby fussing or just sitting by himself. He always picks him up and brings him to me, and I have to gently remind him that Kam is Ok and if I could hold him at the moment I would.
Ali got a special solo to sing for her theatre class and practices it a lot. She has become quite helpful when she wants to be and will mop and sweep and vacuum without being asked. She does a good job practicing the piano as long as mom doesn't sit with her and tell her what to do. She wished she could have her own room. I recently moved the play kitchen into the girls room and she wishes Edyn didn't make such big messes. She has been also sewing doll clothes this month.
Zach had science fair this month. He did his project on stable structures, skyscrapers. He built them with toothpicks and marshmallows, then blasted them with wind to see how they would hold up. He received 3rd place and will go to the district science fair next Tuesday. He was able to attend Youth Conference last weekend. We can't believe how he is growing up, and it was hard for mom to let him go away on his own, but he had a great time, and a new challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days, that his mom will join him on. He has been playing basketball and soccer this month as well as finishing his Faith in God and getting his 1st class scout award.
Bob has worked very hard this month on our bathroom project. He comes home and stays in there from 5 until 10 and though I love my new bathroom, I am ready to have a husband again. He did a great job on it. He has been busy at work as well, training officers on a new computer application that will hopefully make his life run smoother. He frequently lifts weights at the gym, and hopefully he and I can start going and getting a little cardio in as well.
I am lucky if the house gets cleaned and the kids fed and cared for everyday. I have been fighting the winter "greys" and can't wait until we see warmer weather and sunshine. The hives have not been great this month though my extreme effort to not eat what I am allergic to, I haven't had a day yet that I didn't at least eat a bite. Therefore I am now doing the shots in hopes that they will help and maybe in 3 years I can eat yummy stuff again. In the meantime I will keep trying to avoid those foods. I just love holding the baby and watching him grow and am so thankful for him. I love helping my other kids with the projects and just being with them. So while the projects I need to do still sit on the table at least I am enjoying my kids and the floor is vacuumed (most of the time),and you can't ask for much more than that.

No comments: