We had a really fun week last week. Kinda crazy but enjoyable. It was Zach's Birthday on Thursday. He turned 11. I can't believe it. We celebrated by having dinner and cake and ice cream at home, then took him and a couple of his friends to see the new Percy Jackson movie. It was really good and the kids had a great time. It was funny though, when we were waiting to go in to the movie there was about 30 little 10-11 year old boys waiting in line with a parent or two here and there. It was fun. Grandma Astle came to visit on Wednesday afternoon. As always it was fun to have her here. Zach thought it was fun that she was here for his birthday. She was able to stay until Friday morning, so a short but fun time with her. Friday we did another chocolate class, on decorating with chocolate. We made chocolate curls and painted muffin cups to make chocolate cups. It was fun, and grandma got to help with the "trial" run on Wednesday night. We also got to celebrate Aidyn's (nephew) 1st birthday. Unfortunately we were late. I thought that it didn't start until 7pm but actually it was over by 7pm. So we missed most of the important stuff, but it was still fun to see them, and him. So cute. Sunday Bob and I had to talk in church (on showing proper respect for women and children). Saturday I wasn't feeling too good so in addition to preparing my talk, I also read the 4th Percy Jackson. I can't wait until I can read the 5th book. Valentines day was fun. We love Valentines day at our house. It is my mother's fault. She always made things fun, and we pass that on to our kids. So for breakfast we had pink heart pancakes with strawberry syrup and whipped cream. After church we gave the kids their valentines at dinner with our valentine dinner complete with heart jello jigglers. Then of course we "kicked" valentines. (pink sugar cookies) to a bunch of our neighbors. The kids had a ball. The love sneaking up, ringing the doorbell and running away. It is always the talk for a couple of days as to weather or not they "got caught". So funny. I remember that as a kid too. We loved it as well. Monday the kids and bob were home for president's day. We didn't really do anything but I do love when they are all home.
No comments:
Post a Comment