Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Forever and a day. . .

Ok, so Life is so busy!! I can't even blog about it. Since February we have done a lot. Here is the top 13. (unlucky? you be the judge)
1. Valentines day: Great time with the kids on the 13th (left the 14th, for Hawaii). Had tons of fun doing cute heart hairstyles in the girls hair, and making valentines.
2.Trip to Hawaii, no kids!!: Went to Kauai with a hop over to Ohahu. We saw all of the beauty of the islands, enjoyed the polynesian culture center, rain, Pearl Harbor, Pinapple plantation, Shave ice, Hula pie, sunsets, rain, sunshine, snorkeling, nearly being washed out to sea, watching kite surfers, rain, hiking, waterfalls, sugar cane fields and tropical rainforests. Basically we saw it all!!
3.Birthday's: Zach on Feb. 11, we celebrated by seeing Aiden born and dinner and movie with the family. Mindy on March 2, went to lunch with the girls at Taggert's (my favorite), and shopping. Ali on May 12th, Pretend sleepover with 9, 9 years old's. Dallin on the 14th of May at Surf and Swim.
4. Activity days: Trip to the Humanitarian center, and Mother /daughter daffodil party are some of the highlights.
5. Soccer: 2 practices and 3 games every week, Basketball: 1 practice and 1 game a week. Baseball: 1 practice and 4 games a week. Ballet: 2 times a week. Scouts, and piano lessons.
6. Spring Break: Super fun in Snow canyon with friends and family, hiking, biking, and surviving the rain.
7. School: Field trips to the Zoo, Planatarium, and This is the place park. Itialian incentive parties, Bulletin boards for Teacher Appreciation week, star of the week for 2 kids, invention conventions, homework.
8. Piano Recital, group lessons.
9. Grandma Astle came to visit: hanging out, trip to the zoo, and trip to the temple.
10. Bob takes off for 5 days to Parump NV to learn how to be a gun guy, then a concelled weapons course, Bob also takes off to Florida for 3 days for work while his mother is here.
11. Mothers Day, Brunch at our house and a visit to Sara's to see Bob's Mom.
12. Broken Dishwasher, Broken tramp: both now new from KSL classifieds, Tramp great, dishwasher broken, got money back. Now washing dishes by hand hoping to soon find a cheap washer.
13. Spring clean up in the yard. (say no more)
Needless to say, if you haven't heard from us for awhile, we are truly sorry, and hope to be better in the future when maybe I can get a handle on it all. Truly a great life though, and can't wait for summer to spend the majority of the days, relaxing and playing in the pool.




3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, you certainly have been busy. Now I see why you haven't updated your blog in so long. It's nice to see what your family has been up to. I'm so jealous of your Hawaii trip!

Mary Jane said...

I stay to my original comment...You have an amazing family!
I have been in the same dishwashing dilema...washing dishes by hand is the most time consuming thing ever, huh!
Thanks for your help with everything at school. Are you good with the obstacle course? I'll call you.

Mary Jane said...

Oh, and I have a barbie house I want to redecorate...I'll have to pick your brain for ideas!