For those of you wondering if Bob is still in the family, since he doesn't get a lot of paragraph space in the blog spot (something he frequently mentions, and is feeling very validated that someone else noticed as well ((um Roger)). You should know that not only is he still here, he is doing well. Before I give ALL the accolade's that the sweet man deserves, I must mention this first. . .(it wouldn't be the sarcastic me if I didn't:) All men are just children, only in big bodies . "Big boys" want to be in charge. They do not want you to be their mother, UNLESS it means giving them treats, kissing their boo boo's, making their dinner, lunch and breakfast, making their bed, doing their laundry, etc. OR even giving them their own paragraph each week on your blog. So here is to my "sixth" child, and the only one I can't tell what to do.
Let me start from the beginning. January, Feb. and March were really sweet for Bob. Cold weather always brings out the best in him, and with no allergies during this time it is really great. Apr., May and June, though still not hot (especially this year) were not as great as the allergies kick in at this time and he can't breathe so well, (or kiss for that matter). He loved, loved July and August, NOT. Way too hot for him. But with the fall and approaching holidays, he is the happiest he is all year. Cool weather and Christmas to look forward to. (kid again). Hopefully he will have a Merry Christmas this year though. We are giving a Disney Vacation to the kids. Well. . . hopefully if Santa will find it in his heart to bring the Disneyland tickets! But all this time I have been worrying about what the kids will think when there aren't really presents to open Christmas morning. Turns out I should have been worrying about Bob's reaction as well, I am not sure he is too excited about Christmas morning this year. No surprises.
Bob spent the first half of the year trying to deal with his pregnant and cranky wife, and the last half trying to deal with a crying infant in his bed. Poor guy. You might say it has been a rough year for him.
Bob has been going to the gym A LOT this year with his personal trainer, a giant man named Garrett (really just a policeman friend who tells them hat to do). It has paid off though and his bulging biceps are not something you want to go up against. Soon he will be able to move that Volkswagen bug of his, just by lifting it!! It currently has no engine, but who needs one when you have Bob. I think the Flintstones may come back in style. :) Seriously he looks really good.
Bob loves to read as well. One of the things we have in common. It is not a wonder why our children are all book-a-holics. I think he has even read some good ones this year, but you would have to ask him what they are.
Bob loves his job at Layton City. He is very good at it, and they really like him there. It is close to home which I love. Though he doesn't know how to say "no", and spends an hour or too almost every night fixing someone else's computer, (usually for free).
Bob enjoys is new calling in the ward as assistant finance clerk, but spends most Sundays walking the halls trying to calm the baby, so mom can go to Primary and do her calling. He is such a wonderful dad. He also holds him for a few hours each night so mom can try to get some sleep.
I can't really say that Baby number six, or maybe I should say baby #1, is growing, at least in a physical sense, but I suppose that is good at our age since the "up" has stopped and the only way to grow now is "out". So, good job Honey! However, I am sure he continues to "grow up" in many other ways, as we all should be continually be striving to do.
So hopefully this is a long enough paragraph about dear old Bob. But just a couple more words about him before I'm done. I love you, Bob. I have loved you now for nearly seventeen years, and I will be forever grateful to my father in heaven for sending you to me, and preparing you to deal with me as well. You are amazing! To quote the kids "Give it to Dad, he can fix it, He fixes everything." And not just all our toys, appliances, and stuff but also our hearts and spirits. What would we ever do without you?
Who could ask for a better husband or father? We are SO blessed to get him. We ALL love him very, very much. So. . . . "WHAT about Bob?"
No comments:
Post a Comment