Being so very pregnant this time of year elicits a lot of sympathy from those who have gone this route before. However so far this summer hasn't been too bad, heat wise. The last week or so though has been interesting as I have sat in air conditioned buildings and thought that I might melt. We have been having lots of summer fun the last couple of weeks. We have been swimming several times. I love the swimming, in the water the belly weight lifts up and I almost feel like a normal human being again. We had a great time with the Robison's at their pool, and even saw a giant snake in the compartment that houses the mechanics for the pool cover. Scary! I went and saw Eclipse with my sisters. Really loved the movie. Hated the first, second was OK, but the third is worth seeing, (One of the places I was sweating to death though. Which is weird because usually you need a jacket in the theatre.) Our friends the Morris' have season tickets to Hale Center Theatre and couldn't use their tickets last week for "The Wedding Singer" so she asked if Bob and I wanted to go. Thank you! It was very fun. I did not know that their productions were so BIG! It has been a long time since we have been to a play there and we really enjoyed ourselves. We had a really good time, but did not get home until midnight due to a 25th anniversary pre-show and a set that broke and had to be fixed. Again another sweat box for me though. Normally I am not an ice cream lover, but is seems that this summer it is one of the food staples for me, I just can't seem to get enough. That and the crushed ice, we affectionately call in the "good ice", you know the kind that is in little soft pellets, love it!! I have knocked off a couple of pre-baby projects. I finished a few more bags, and thought that I had finished a diaper bag but then decided that it was to small, and now have to start over. I am beginning to think you should not tackle projects when pregnant, I am just to slow (physically and mentally).
The kids have all been to the dentist, Dallin had one little cavity but other than that, no-one had any. Yeah! That is a first. Either it is because they are all toothless (except Edyn) or it is because they have been really good brushers, flossers and rinsers. So keep flossing and rinsing it really does help.
We enjoyed a reunion in Sigurd this weekend. It was a combined Payne and Bastian reunion and was really fun, although squelching hot. I love to visit down there, having spent many of my favorite childhood memories with my cousins on the farm. It is always good to see them, and it is fun that our kids can play together and enjoy one another's company as well. It is fun to reunite with loved ones and give your kids a sense of where they belong. We have a big family, and love them all so much. We did not make it to all the festivities but camped in the trailer at the park. The kids thought that was fun and practically jumped out of bed to play on the toys. A big thank you to Aunt LaRee and her family for planning it and doing such a terrific job!
We now have about two weeks left until Kamden joins our family. We are all very excited. He continues to wiggle and squirm all the time. I really enjoy it. It is comforting to know he is moving about in there, and since this is our last baby I am cherishing every moment even if I am ridiculously uncomfortable and ready to "pop".
Beck Kids
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment