We started up with art lessons with my Dad again this week. I love it. Now I have to find time to do my homework though. This week we are drawing ears, huh. I am really not so good at the face drawing thing but we will give it a try.
Ali had a a mother daughter day camp that was actually an overnighter. We had a great time, and it was fun to get to know a few people in our "new" ward. The leaders did a wonderful job and the girls had a great time. Ali was so excited she started packing for it a week early, and was bouncing off the walls while we were there. She made some new friends too, and was excited for her first sleepover. The girls shot guns, made bracelets, and stepping stones, picture frames, and rockets. They had a ball sending their rockets into space and Ali's went the highest. She was very surprised and proud of her rocket. We went straight from camp to her Ballet rehearsal and got home after 6 that next evening. We lucked out and had a beautiful Thursday, after listening to the torrent rain and hail most of the night on Wednesday.
Ali spent Friday night and 2 performances on Saturday for Ballet. It was a beautiful performance and she did a great job. She is a beautiful dancer and has a real talent for grace and poise. It was fun to see her dance especially since it only happens about once a year.
The kids painted the wood fence this week, with minimal complaining. They were so proud of themselves for completing the job yesterday. I was proud of them too. They did a good job, I didn't do any of it. I wish I had more projects like that they could do. It ended up taking WAY too much paint though and costing me WAY more than I thought. Old fences eat a lot of paint. But it does look good now, we will just have to save more money to plant some fruit trees in the future. Next I am hoping to have the kids paint the front porch railing that all the paint is peeling off of. However, they may need a little more supervision with that one. Zach did ok, on the fence but Ali and Dallin clothes, hair and bodies fairly looked like a painted fence themselves.
We had a fun Father's Day. We made Bob breakfast in bed of crepes, (with Nutella and strawberries, yum). Then of course Church and down to my parents to celebrate with Dad. Everyone was there and we had a great time visiting and the kids playing ladder golf. Now we are getting ready for a nephew's baptism, the 4th of July and a family vacation. I have been trying to get some sewing projects done but can't seem to find the time to do much on them. The boys are in Sport Camps this week. Dallin in soccer, and Zach in Basketball. They had a great time yesterday. Dallin is especially jazzed about the whole thing and was told he was the best keeper they have had. That made him beem, since he looks up to Zach so much and wants to be a keeper like him. We have also been enjoying keeping tabs on the world cup, especially paying attention to the keepers. Yes, I have even enjoyed watching some, despite the annoying horn blowing in the background during the whole game.
Beck Kids
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment